- Sunday, September 5, 2021 7:30PM — Lauridsen Amphitheater at Water Works Park
A John Williams Celebration
The movie magic of John Williams comes to life in a thrilling evening of film favorites at Water Works Park
Join us for a thrilling evening of music and movies as the Symphony celebrates iconic composer John Williams! Bring your picnic blankets and join us for an evening of beloved film favorites, from Harry Potter to Star Wars and beyond, played live by the musicians of your Des Moines Symphony. Join us under the stars in in the Lauridsen Amphitheater at Water Works Park for this free, family-friendly symphonic celebration.
- Linda and Tom Koehn
- John WILLIAMS/Arr. Custer Summon the Heroes Listen
- John WILLIAMS Theme from Jurassic Park Listen
- John WILLIAMS Raiders of the Lost Ark March Listen
- John WILLIAMS Across the Stars (Love Theme from "Star Wars: Attack of the Clones") Listen
- John WILLIAMS Excerpts from Harry Potter Listen
- John WILLIAMS Sound the Bells Listen
- John WILLIAMS/Arr. Holcombe The Cantina Band Listen
- John WILLIAMS Star Wars Suite Listen
- John WILLIAMS ET Flying Theme Listen
- Joseph Giunta Conductor Bio
How to Get There
Parking for our Water Works Pops concerts is free! Lots will open at 5:00PM. Follow the signage to enter Water Works Park from Fleur Drive; an attendant will direct you to our free parking lots. You can view a full map of the concert grounds, including parking locations, here.
Those requiring accessible parking may park to the south of the stage. For those who would like additional assistance reaching the concert grounds, a golf cart will shuttle between the ADA lot and the concert grounds to transport up to five people at a time.
Want to ride the trails to the concert? A free bicycle valet service will be available starting at 5:00PM.
What to Bring
Blankets and lawn chairs are welcome on the lawn – no beach umbrellas or tents, please, as they may obstruct others’ view of the concert.
You are welcome to bring a picnic basket or a cooler to Water Works Pops. Wine and beer can be consumed on park grounds, but please take any trash with you when you leave. There will also be a wide variety of food trucks onsite selling treats.